Engineering Manager in Berkshire
Engineering Manager – Mechanical/Electrical
Hybrid role- Site attendance required for progress and project meetings, otherwise location flexible.
Contract Length: 12 months
Pay Rate: £63 per hour (UMB)
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g. tender; construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate, and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external to AWE) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Competent and proven engineering experience
- Experience of managing stakeholders
- Experience in field – in design capability and experience working on operational sites
- Safety and procedure oriented
Hours are full time although part time could be considered.
Ideally a minimum of 60% on site or possibly alternate weeks.
Some travel may be required.