Profiling Setter/Operator in West Midlands
My client is looking for a new Profiling Setter/Operator to join their ever-expanding team on a temp to perm basis.
- Profile Setter / Operator for profiling carbon steel rings for a flange manufacturing company.
- Must be able to set and operate with minimum of supervision, therefore must be conversant with setting both the feeds and speeds of the profiling heads.
- Loading / Un loading of materials on / off the machine undertaken with a Fork Lift Truck, therefore FLT experience and licence essential.
- Material thickness ranges from 10mm to 80mm in S275 Carbon Steel.
- Normal scope of work falls predominantly into the range of 20mm – 40mm.
- Ring diameters can range from 150mm dia to 1800mm dia from quantities of 1 off’s or volumes of 100 off dependent upon manufacturing requirements.
- Tolerances are not close as in +/- 1mm but wider up to +5mm on diameter to llow for a machining process’s after profiling.
- The profiling machine is a multi-head BOC Falcon Oxy – Propane profiling machine with 5 cutting heads operational.
- This machine control system is Burny 2.5 RS with a library of shapes / ring dimensions retained in the data base. Candidates MUST have experience of the Burny operating system
- Bed size is 4.7mtrs x 3mtrs.
Candidates required on a 13-week temp to perm basis.
Hours of work
Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm
Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm