Vertical Borer Machinist in West Midlands
My client is looking for a new Vertical Borer Machinist to join their ever-expanding team on a temp to perm basis.
- Must have experience of setting and operating vertical borers.
- The current machines used are Webster & Bennett 62” diameter table machines.
- If experienced in horizontal boring this may be acceptable dependent upon the calibre of the candidate.
- Main task will be the machining of flanges; therefore this would be predominantly machining the face, edge and bore.
- There are not tight tolerances on the machine finishes. The tolerances normally are within +/-1mm rather than +/- 0.1mm.
- Must be able to understand / interpret conventional drawings and be able to speak English in order to fully understand both the verbal & written instructions for the machining requirements.
- This machining is not high precision and could be described as ‘roughing’ work prior to the final precision cuts being made.
- Setting and operating a range of radial drills – from 3’ 6” to 10’ capacity.
- Must be conversant with the setting of Pitch Circle Diameters (PCD), for flange drilling and tapping, using a rotary table.
- Must be able to set and operate with minimum of supervision, therefore must be experienced in setting both feeds and speeds of radial drills.
- Centre lathe turner manufacturing carbon & stainless-steel flanges using conventional lathes (not CNC).
- Tolerances are not close as in +/- 0.10mm but wider up to +/- 1mm.
- No single point thread cutting experience required.
- Main operations are face, edge and boring of profiled carbon steel blanks.
- Must be able to set and operate with minimum of supervision, therefore must be experienced in setting both feeds and speeds of lathe.
Hours of Work
Mon – Thur 8.00am – 4.30pm
Fri 8.00am – 3.30pm