Contact one of our consultants
Job Hunting with JIS Recruitment
Advice on dealing with Agencies and Employers.
Registering with JIS Recruitment and applying to companies.
Once you have updated your CV you need to register it with agencies such as JIS Recruitment. You should ensure your application contains critical information for us and potential employers. We suggest you include the following details where possible:
- Your notice period.
- Your availability for interview.
- Whether you have your own car / transport, or use public transport.
- Whether you can relocate or if you are only looking locally.
- What are your location preferences if you are willing to relocate.
- Your salary requirements (please be realistic).
- Your eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you have a Visa, what type and the expiry date.
When using email to contact JIS Recruitment, or any company, please try to use a sensible email address. Consider setting up a new one (outlook, hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc), specifically for job hunting and check it daily. Remember to look in 'junk' folders as messages often end up there.
Following up an application
When you register your CV with JIS Recruitment you see an on-screen acknowledgement immediately, and we usually respond to specific job applications within 2 working days. If we (or a company) have not responded within 3-5 working days, it could be worth checking we have received your application.
Please remember agencies / consultants do want you to get a job and will work hard to help you achieve this. However, we make no guarantees that we will be able to find you a placement.
Do's and Don'ts when dealing with JIS Recruitment or any agency.
- Check in from time to time to see if anything is available once a month by email is more than enough.
- Check the jobs section on our website. If you feel you have been overlooked for a vacancy please email us with the reference details.
- If you update / change your CV, address, phone, mobile or email address, please let us know.
- If your circumstances change, i.e. you can now relocate, or are available immediately, or now have a car etc, again let us know.
- If you call JIS Recruitment or a company, make sure you have a pen and paper ready to take down any details.
- Apply for every job on the website. It does not increase your chances, it just demonstrates you are not looking at the job specification, or paying attention to detail.
- Call us everyday. Be assured that we are working hard to find positions for you and we will of course call you when something suitable arises.
- Contact the client company directly once you have spoken with JIS Recruitment (or any agency) about a job. Our consultants work hard to maintain excellent relationships with our clients and we are best placed to handle your application from start to finish. Please direct any queries you may have back to your JIS Recruitment consultant instead.
For more information about Professional Job Hunting please contact us on 01827 216 148 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.